Thursday, March 27, 2014
Monday, March 24, 2014
Saturday, March 22, 2014
Saturday, March 15, 2014
Here are my five thoughts for the day inspired by the uplifting Ali Munzer's daily posts...
• aspartame, snot rockets, wright socks, goose down, carbs (my favorite things on the trail)
• I had my first intensely emotional "moment" of the trip. That type that always seems to happen while on a long hike, where tears of happiness and sadness equally come to the surface because you finally have time to sort of process what's happening, at a natures pace and stripped of all
the other distractions and interferences.
• Although I am not religious at all, I have a heavy spiritual induced existential awareness. However, sitting in a circle with five church-group grown men, laying down a very touching and moving prayer in my honor, because of my way of going about life and my philosophies was certainly moving enough to bring me to tears a second time for the day.
• East coast winter can be over now. Cali~ sorry, indian summer is finally over, welcome to real summer, it's all you get now.
• Out of Georgia, on to North Carolina tomorrow. Georgia, you've been real; real cold, real hospitable, real beautiful.